Boston United – Youth Teams
We currently have several Youth Teams at Boston United, who compete in a variety of leagues including the AOC Schools & Colleges and The National League Football Academy North league.
They also compete in the prestigious FA Youth Cup, alongside the Youth Alliance League Cup and the Midland Youth Cup.
Teams are made up of young male players who are also enrolled to study with Boston United on our Football and Education programme based at The Jakemans Community Stadium. We also feed our Under 16 academy and community players in to our Youth Teams, as well as other local talented players.
Why choose Boston United?
We strive to provide the best quality footballers in the local area to ultimately play for the Boston United first team in Vanarama National League North.
Boston United are passionate about developing young football players, helping them to excel both on the pitch and with their education. We want to give every player the opportunity to succeed in the football and sport industry, whether that’s a career in football, sport or playing professional football.
Working with a high quality education provider, we offer our Football and Education Programme, which has a variety of sports qualifications available to help develop and further our players’ education. This is completely FREE to all students aged under 19.
Our ultimate long term goal is to produce first team players…
Our long term goal is to produce players that are good enough to sign for Boston United’s first team, and help them to succeed in professional football.
Over the years, we have signed a number of youth players to the first team – including Finlay Armond, Jake Frestle, Harry Vince (who has also represented England C-Squad), Ryan Pratt, Taylor Gray and Jack Withers who went on to sign a professional contract with Premier League club Swansea City.
Coaching and Football package
We offer a variety of incentives including:
– Individual Player Performance Progress meetings.
– Match Analysis and Player Highlight Reel – to use for potential exit routes, including in to professional football, University or USA Scholarships.
– Links with local gyms for Fitness training and Strength & Conditioning work.
– We have a clear player progression pathway, working closely with the first team manager to offer opportunities straight in to the Boston United first team. We also have good relationships with a number of USA Scholarship programmes, and have had a number of students travel to study in the States.
– We also work closely with local league and semi professional clubs to help players gain more experience and find the most appropriate non-league sides that are best for their own personal development. We currently have players with clubs at Steps 4, 5 and 6.
Study with Boston United
Working with our high quality education provider, we offer a variety of sports qualifications so players can develop and further their education. This is completely FREE to all players who are aged under 19 on 31 August of the year you start the course.
We are based at Boston United’s new stadium in Wyberton, with state of the art facilities available, including 3G Pitch where we train a minimum 3 times a week, several classroom and study areas in our Learning Hub and chill out areas for students to relax and socialise in.