Education & Football Academy
Our education and football programme in partnership with SCL Education is great for young people who wish to study a NCFE Sports Course whilst receiving professional football training with our Youth Teams. This is FREE to all young people who are aged under 19 on 31 August of the year you start the course.
The programme is aimed at anyone who has the passion and drive to progress in both the sports, football and leisure industries, as well as their academic studies too.
WE OFFER A RELAXED COLLEGE ENVIRONMENT
We have been offering an education programme at the football club for over 12 years – and during that time we have learned that not everyone is suited to the school environment.
– We understand that a much more hands on approach works, along with smaller learning groups and individual support.
– We offer a more practical based approach with SCL Education Group, with workshops and lessons based around the students’ projects – and there are NO EXAMS!
– One day a week is home based with online learning.
We don’t have the ‘you need to stay at school’ mentality – our Sports Courses are the equivalent to A Levels and count towards UCAS points! Click the links below to find out more about the sports courses we offer:
– Year 3 options are available
SCL Education are experts in sports education, helping you to unlock your potential and support you on your life journey. They have been doing this for over 20 years and they deliver a range of officially recognised qualifications.
Every year, they nurture, develop and educate more than 3,000 learners to achieve in real sports environments. Through their approach to sports centred learning, their programmes are designed to develop you and provide you with future life opportunities.
FOOTBALL TRAINING FOR MALE AND FEMALE STUDENTS
- Male learners aged 16 to 19 years will have the opportunity to train and play with our Under 18 and 19 Youth Teams.
- Compete in The National League Football Academy North league or AOC Schools and College league.
- Professional football coaching with our qualified Coaches – FA and UEFA A qualified
The overall aim will be to further our players’ education whilst helping them progress on our football pathway.
- Female students will have the opportunity to train and play.
- Professional football coaching from our qualified Coaches.
- The overall aim will be to further our players’ education, and help them progress in football.
We are based at Boston United’s new stadium in Wyberton, with state of the art facilities available, including:
– 3G Pitch – we train a minimum 3 times a week
– Several classroom and study areas in our Learning Hub
– Chill out areas for students to relax and socialise in (including Xbox, table tennis, basketball and head tennis)
Our staff team have an abundance of teaching and coaching experience, and are passionate about helping students reach their fullest potential.
All of our football coaches are fully qualified to at least FA Level 2, and our Head of Youth Mark is qualified to UEFA A – he creates and implements our Youth Teams’ training programme.
Our on-site teacher is fully qualified to degree level, with 20 years coaching experience and 10 years teaching at Further Education level.
ESTABLISHED GAMES PROGRAMME
We offer an established competitive Games Programme that no other academy programme in the County can offer, catering to all levels of ability.
– We are the only Academy programme in the area who can compete in The National League Football Academy League – playing teams such as Notts County, Chesterfield and Stockport County.
– We also have a team who compete in the AOC British College League.
– Opportunities to play in The National League Football Academy Cup and FA Youth Cup.
– We organise friendlies against other academies and pro clubs, including Lincoln City, Peterborough United, Brentford and Liverpool.
All of our youth players are given the same opportunities… We run two teams at Under 18 and Under 19 age groups, catering for all levels of ability, and all players train together to ensure everyone follows the same training and coaching programme.
– Individual Player Performance Progress meetings at least twice a year.
– Match Analysis and Player Highlight Reel – to use for potential exit routes, including in to professional football, University or USA Scholarships.
– Links with local gyms for Fitness training and Strength & Conditioning work.
– We have a clear player progression pathway, working closely with the first team manager to offer opportunities straight in to the Boston United first team.
– We also have good relationships with a number of USA Scholarship programmes, and have had a number of students travel to study in the States.
– We also work closely with local league and semi professional clubs to help players gain more experience and find the most appropriate non-league sides that are best for their own personal development.
We currently have players with clubs at Steps 4, 5 and 6.
ADDED EXTRAS AND STUDENT BENEFITS
As well as a comprehensive education and training programme, we have a number of other incentives that our students can enjoy:
Students have the chance to gain work and coaching experience with the club’s sports charity, Boston United Community Foundation. There is also the potential for students to gain their Coaching and First Aid badges – we are one of the few education and football providers who can offer this!
Every student also receives a free matchday ticket to every Boston United first team home game!
INCENTIVES AND TRIPS
Throughout the year students can experience a variety of trips and incentives whilst on our sports courses. In previous years students have experienced:
- Arizona, USA (travel in February 2020)
- Trips to Emirates, Twickenham and Wembley Stadiums and to St Georges Park
- Paint Balling and Go Karting
- Trips to play RAF representative teams
- Camping Trips
- Trip to Nottingham Trent University
- Nottingham Forest City Ground tour
- Nottinghamshire County Cricket Ground (Trent Bridge) tour
- Trip to an Army Camp
Students can continue to Higher Education at University following their studies with us, where they could specialise in the career path of their choice.
There are an abundance of exit routes available to students once they have completed their studies, with possible careers including:
– PE Teacher
– Sports Nutritionalist
– Sports Analyst
– Sports Therapist
– Sports Psychologist
– Personal Trainer
– Sports / Football Coach
– Sports Massage Therapist
– Leisure Manager
– Sports Journalism
– Special Forces – Army, RAF, Marines
– USA Scholarships
– and much more!
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? APPLY TODAY AND REALISE YOUR POTENTIAL WITH US!
For more information please email email@example.com.
To apply to study with us, visit www.wearescl.co.uk/boston-united