Traineeships – 2017
In partnership with VLUK, we are offering people aged 16 to 24 years the opportunity to join us through our Traineeship programme.
This is a great opportunity for young people to receive practical coaching experience along with gaining a coaching qualification. Improve your personal specification or C.V ready for college or university, or gain practical experience before starting a new job. It is also a good step for young people who do not know their next steps and are undecided about their education or career.
You will benefit from placements with the football club along with mentoring, a bespoke learning platform, and guidance and support from VLUK’s team of management, assessors and staff.
Interested? Complete our online application form below!
What is a traineeship?
A traineeship is an educational and training programme with work experience that focus on giving a young person the skills and experience that education providers or employers are looking for.
Often an employer is reluctant to employ someone without experience. This programme gives a young person the opportunity to gain qualifications and some experience within a work place setting that they can add to their personal statement or CV.
Traineeships prepare young people for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready’. At it’s core is work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it and high quality work experience placement.
VLUK and Boston United FC Traineeships
Duration: 12 weeks from 6th November 2017 to 9th February 2018 (with a Christmas break). You will have the opportunity to gain:
- First 4 Sport Level 2 Award in the Principles of Coaching Sport
- Functional Skills English and Functional Skills Mathematics
- National Governing Body coaching qualification, such as FA Level 1, or Junior Sports Leaders Award, as appropriate.
- You must be aged 16-24 and qualified below Level 3 (you cannot have any Level 3 certification)
- Not currently in a job
- Have little or no work experience
- You must be focused on getting back in to work or the prospect of it
- Interested in furthering your experience and qualifications!
Exit routes: There are a variety of exit routes after completing our traineeship programme, including:
- Full time employment
- Level 2, 3 or HND Study Programme with Boston United Sports College
- Level 2 or 3 Apprenticeship
The course is delivered in a minimum of 30 hours per week over a 9 week period, from 6th November 2017 to 9th February 2018.